Friday 6 January 2012

Audience feedback on Digipack and album cover drafts:

I found the following audience feedback particularly helpful because it helped me to see where I had gone wrong on my initial designs and subsequently how I could improve on my final ones as well as allowing me to understand aspects of my drafts they liked so far, aspects I could work on and improve furthermore.
I asked 5 people to look at both of my designs, to suggest improvements and tell me what they liked so far. In terms of my digipack designs, the most useful feedback I got from a couple of people was to include something more on my first digipack because there was a lot of white space and it looked quite plain. Another thing was the text I had used and that I should consider using a bolder text, perhaps in a different colour because my designs in a way ‘out did’ the text meaning it didn’t stand out as much. For my album cover the feedback I received was similar, particularly because I’ve used a black and white grainy picture that I should focus on using a bolder, stronger text which would stand out more. It was also suggested I remove the puzzle piece directly on the main images face because it took away from the design, something I’m going to consider when creating my final drafts.

No comments:

Post a Comment