Saturday 8 October 2011

Production Diary:

This week we out and experimented with the cameras, we were given a checklist of shots we had to take for example high angle as well as of a list of effects we had to create on the software Adobe Premiere like reverse and extreme slow mo. We then tested shooting different objects, one of our ideas for reverse was to shoot people smoking and then put this in slow motion however when we did this it wasn’t as effective as we first thought because we had to take the camera of the tripod so the footage was really shaky. After shooting I uploaded the footage to Adobe Premiere and then experimented with different effects, noting ones down I found particularly successful like colour pass as I may use this in my own music video. I found working with the equipment and software really useful because I now feel better prepared to make my video and shoot it.
In order to make a successful product its important I get audience feedback at every stage of the production and planning of my music video, specifically by people who will interact with my product in the real world. I’m therefore in the process of creating polls on my blog to find out about the kind of things my target audience find successful in a video and where they would typically watch a video as well as getting feedback about my proposal idea and what people think is successful/ unsucessful about it and their ideas about how I could change these unsuccessful elements. In the next week I’m also going to create a target audience profile, by understanding my target audience better it will enable me to make a better product that will suit their wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment