Friday 7 October 2011

Test Sequences-

After going out and experimenting with the Sony HVR A1E cameras I uploaded some of the sequences we shot into Adobe Premiere Pro- I then experimented with using various effects on these sequences such as reverse, colour pass and distort. I did this in order to gain a feel for both the equipment and software, which in turn will help me when creating my music video.
One of the shots we took which I found particularly effective was one I did picking a dandelion and when I put this in reverse it looked like I was putting the petals back on to the flower. I added to this effect by using the effect of colour pass which makes everything black and white except for one part of the sequence, I chose to make the Dandelions petals a bright yellow and this amplified the effect.
We also experimented with a lot of different camera angles for example extreme close ups, I found that (though not in every instance) extreme close ups looked really impressive and in my own video I would like to use a few extreme close up shots for example of just a person’s lips when there miming the song.
Some sequences which didn’t work as well as I thought would included shots we took when the camera was of the tripod, these were shaky and looked really unprofessional. Additionally all the videos we took outside were quiet noisy, even if it wasn’t actually that windy you could hear everything in the background and this is something I’m going to take into consideration if I choose to film anything outside.
The following video is the one of the Dandelion I created; I personally think this was the most effective and best looking video and it wasn’t difficult to do either.

No comments:

Post a Comment