Sunday 17 July 2011

Production Diary 17/07/11

This week I focused on 2 main tasks: the creation of my reverse story board and the understanding of the music video equipment I would be using to create my actual video. I started by creating a reverse story board of 2 music videos, I deconstructed and analysed 5 still shots from each of these music videos and wrote about how all its components: sound, mise-en-scene, shot type and camera angle worked together to create an affect. When analysing these specific shots it helped me to realise that each shot s purposeful in achieving something and how when it comes to producing my own music video I need to be just as careful with each particular shot as in professional music videos such as these. It also showed me how everything works together to give an effect and how important other elements of a music video that as an audience we may not focus as much on such as lighting and colour are to a music video. My second task was to begin to understand the equipment we would use in the music video production stage and as part of this research I uploaded pictures of all the equipment we would need to use and gave some brief descriptions of equipment that I didn’t already know what it was such as a visual switcher.


No comments:

Post a Comment